Download Chapter wise NCERT Solutions For Class 12 Chemistry
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry are drafted by the faculty at BYJU’S to help students learn all the complex concepts efficiently. Each and every question from the NCERT Textbook are answered in a systematic format to help students learn in a shorter duration. NCERT Solutions are tailored after a vast research to make it easier for the students to complete the entire syllabus before the board exams. Various study materials are available online but it is very important for the students to understand their needs and find it accordingly. For this purpose, we at BYJU’S have provided both online and offline format of the solutions completely based on the latest syllabus of the CBSE board.
Students can access the chapter-wise solutions on this page from the links provided below. The solutions are free to download as a PDF and can be used while learning the chapters from the textbook. NCERT Solutions Class 12 Chemistry (specific chapter) can be downloaded by clicking the links which are provided below.
Understanding the concepts during the class hours might be difficult for the students. To overcome this issue, students must make use of the reference materials which are available online to get their doubts cleared. Regular practise of concepts in which they are weak will make them more confident from the exam point of view. Students are advised to read the chapter from the NCERT textbook and answer the exercise questions present in them for a strong conceptual knowledge. The problem solving and analytical thinking skills among students would be developed if the students answer the questions by referring to the NCERT Solutions available at BYJU’S.
Download NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry to boost your final exam preparation.
NCERT Solutions Class 12 Chemistry
NCERT Solutions Class 12 Chemistry is an important subject as it contains many chemical reactions and problems which are of more marks when it comes to board exams. Scoring good marks in this subject is possible only if students learn the chapters on a regular basis. Even numericals are present in the chapters, so noting down the important formulas and understanding the method of solving it is an important step here. The NCERT Solutions contains explanation for each reaction so that it will be easier for the students while preparing for the board exams. Students will also be able to revise the chapters and recall it easily while answering the complex questions in the exam.
NCERT Solutions Class 12 Chemistry Chapter Details and Exercises
Chapter 1: The Solid State
This chapter explains the general characteristics of solid state, crystal lattice, classification of solids, imperfections in solids and unit cell. Matter are of three states – solid, liquid and gas. Solids are again divided into – Crystalline and Amorphous. Crystalline has a definite shape whereas amorphous has no form. The NCERT Solutions is a perfect guide to acquire a firm grip over these concepts. To strengthen the concepts further, students can also access the NCERT Exemplar Solutions which are available at BYJU’S.
Also access the following resources for Class 12 Chapter 1 The Solid State at BYJU’S:
- The Solid State Class 12 Notes Chapter 1
- Chemistry Revision Notes for Class 12 Chapter 1 the Solid State
- NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions for Chapter 1 – Solid State
- Chapter I – Solid State
Chapter 2: Solutions
A solution is a mixture of two or more components. This chapter helps students to understand the concentration of solutions, types of solutions, the vapour pressure of liquid solutions, solubility of gases and solid in a liquid, ideal and non ideal solutions, Raoult’s Law. Various problems based on finding the molarity, mole fraction, mass percentage and Henry’s Law constant are also present here. These problems are not only important for the Class 12 board exams but also are of higher importance in competitive exams like JEE Mains, JEE Advanced etc.
Also access the following resources for Class 12 Chapter 2 Solutions at BYJU’S:
- Solutions Class 12 Notes Chapter 2
- NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions for Chapter 2 – Solutions
Chapter 3: Electrochemistry
Electrochemistry is defined as the branch of Chemistry which deals with the relationship between electrical and chemical energy produced in a redox reaction and their conversion. The concepts which are covered in this chapter are – electrochemical cells, Galvanic cells, Nernst equation, conductance of electrolytic solutions, electrolytic cells and electrolysis, batteries, fuel cells and corrosion. Students who are not able to solve the numerical problems can also refer to the NCERT Solutions and answer them effortlessly.
Also access the following resources for Class 12 Chapter 3 Electrochemistry at BYJU’S:
- Electrochemistry Class 12 Notes Chapter 3
- Electrochemistry Formulas for NEET
- MCQs on Electrochemistry
- Chemistry Revision Notes for Class 12 Chapter 3 Electrochemistry
- NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions for Chapter 3 – ElectroChemistry Solutions
Chapter 4: Chemical Kinetics
This chapter will provide you with a good understanding of the rate of chemical reaction, Arrhenius equation, dependence on the rate of reaction and collision theory of chemical reaction. Chemical Kinetics is a branch of Chemistry which deals with the rate of chemical reaction, the factors affecting it and the mechanism of the reaction. We have 3 types in accordance to the rate of reaction – Instantaneous reactions, Slow reactions and Moderately Slow reactions.
Also access the following resources for Class 12 Chapter 4 Chemical Kinetics at BYJU’S:
- NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions for Chapter 4 – Chemical Kinetics
- Chemical Kinetics
- Chemical Kinetics Class 12 Notes Chapter 4
- Chemistry Revision Notes for Class 12 Chapter 4 Chemical Kinetics
Chapter 5: Surface Chemistry
Surface chemistry deals with important features like catalysis, adsorption and colloids which comprises gel and emulsion. After going through this chapter, students will understand the interfacial phenomenon and its significance, adsorption and its classification, mechanism of adsorption and the factors controlling adsorption. Further solving the textbook questions along with previous year question papers will boost the exam preparation of CBSE students.
Also access the following resources for Class 12 Chapter 5 Surface Chemistry at BYJU’S:
- Surface Chemistry Class 12 Notes Chapter 5
- Chapter 5 – Surface Chemistry
- NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions for Chapter 5 – Surface Chemistry Solutions
- MCQs on Surface Chemistry
- Chemistry Revision Notes for Class 12 Chapter 5 Surface Chemistry
Chapter 6: General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
Metallurgy is a scientific and technological process which is followed to isolate the metal from its ores. Apart from explaining the processes and reactions of metal extraction, students will also learn about the fundamental principles and developments which would occur in this field. Aluminium is the most abundant metal which is found on the earth’s crust which is 8.3% by weight. So cleaning the ore i.e. removal of particles like clay, sand etc. is known as concentration or dressing of the ore.
Also access the following resources for Class 12 Chapter 6 General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements at BYJU’S:
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements Class 12 Notes Chapter 6
- Chapter 6 – General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- Chemistry Revision Notes for Class 12 Chapter 6 General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- General principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements MCQ
- NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions for Chapter 6 – General Principles And Processes Of Isolation Of Elements
Chapter 7: The p-Block Elements
The history of the p-block elements has a history which takes us back to the 19th century. Group 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 elements are known as p-block elements. They exist in three physical states – metal, non metal and metalloids. For a better clarification of these concepts, students can refer to the NCERT Solutions available at BYJU’S. The clear explanation of each and every concept will help students attain good marks in the final exam.
Also access the following resources for Class 12 Chapter 7 The p-Block Elements at BYJU’S:
- Chapter 7 – P – Block Elements
- MCQs on p-Block Elements for NEET
- The p-Block Elements Class 12 Notes Chapter 7
- NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions for Chapter 7 – The P Block Elements
Chapter 8: The d- and f-Block Elements
The elements which are lying between the s and p-block elements are called as d-block or transition elements. The inner transition series are called as f-block elements. This chapter introduces concepts such as the general properties of transition elements, variation in ionic and atomic size of transition metals, physical properties, ionization enthalpies, magnetic properties and oxidation states. Students will get a clear idea about the electronic configuration, general characteristics and properties of important compounds in this chapter.
Also access the following resources for Class 12 Chapter 8 The d- and f-Block Elements at BYJU’S:
- The d-and f-Block Elements Class 12 Notes Chapter 8
- NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions for Chapter 8 – The D Block And F Block Elements
- MCQ on D and F Block Elements
- Chapter 8 – D and F Block Elements
Chapter 9: Coordination Compounds
Coordination compounds is a challenging area in the modern inorganic chemistry. In this chapter, students will be able to learn about Werner’s Theory of Coordination Compounds, definitions of important terms, nomenclature, isomerism, bonding, stability, importance and applications of coordination compounds. They will also study about the bonding in meta carbonyls which is important for the exams. These concepts are important for both board exams and competitive exams so more importance should be given when it comes to scoring marks.
Also access the following resources for Class 12 Chapter 9 Coordination Compounds at BYJU’S:
- NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions for Chapter 9 – Coordination Compounds
- Coordination Compounds MCQ
- Chemistry Revision Notes for Class 12 Chapter 9 the Coordination Compounds
- Coordination Compounds Class 12 Notes Chapter 9
Chapter 10: Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
The halogen derivatives of hydrocarbons are called haloalkanes. They are classified based on the number of hydrogen atoms present in them. The aromatic compounds in which the halogens are attached directly to the carbon atom of the aromatic ring are called haloarenes. In this chapter, students will also get an idea about the methods of preparation, chemical and physical properties and the organohalogen compounds uses. The reactions involved in the preparation of haloarenes and haloalkanes are explained clearly in this chapter to help students perform well in the board exams.
Also access the following resources for Class 12 Chapter 10 Haloalkanes and Haloarenes at BYJU’S:
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes Class 12 Notes Chapter 10
- NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions for Chapter 10 – Haloalkanes And Haloarenes
- Chapter 10 – Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Chemistry Revision Notes for Class 12 Chapter 10 Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes MCQs
Chapter 11: Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
The classification of alcohols and phenols are based on the number of -OH groups present. Compounds which have one -OH group are called monohydride alcohols and phenols. The compounds which have two, three or more -OH groups are called dihydric, trihydric or polyhydric alcohols and phenols. Students will study about the reactions involved in the process of making alcohols from phenols, alcohols and ethers. It will also help students to learn about the physical properties of alcohols, phenols and ethers.
Also access the following resources for Class 12 Chapter 11 Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers at BYJU’S:
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers Class 12 Notes Chapter 11
- Important Notes For NEET Chemistry – Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Chemistry Revision Notes for Class 12 Chapter 11 Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions for Chapter 11 – Alcohols Phenols And Ethers
- MCQ on Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
Chapter 12: Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
In organic chemistry, aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids are of utmost importance. Aldehydes and Ketones can be obtained by the hydration of alkynes, ozonolysis of alkenes and by the oxidation of alcohols. Carboxylic acids can be obtained by the oxidation of aldehydes or primary alcohols. This chapter is very important and carries more marks in the board exam. For this purpose, students have to learn all the concepts and revise them on a regular basis for a good score.
Also access the following resources for Class 12 Chapter 12 Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids at BYJU’S:
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids Class 12 Notes Chapter 12
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids MCQs
- NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions for Chapter 12 – Aldehydes Ketones And Carboxylic Acids
- Chemistry Revision Notes for Class 12 Chapter 12 Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
Chapter 13: Amines
The derivatives of ammonia are amines which are obtained by the replacement of hydrogen. From this chapter, students will be able to understand the nomenclature, structure and properties of amines. Amines are the important organic compound which contains nitrogen. Numerous examples on determining the basicity of amines, reaction and synthesis of amines are explained briefly in this chapter. Students will obtain a good hold on these concepts by answering the questions present at the end of the chapter.
Also access the following resources for Class 12 Chapter 13 Amines at BYJU’S:
- Amines Class 12 Notes Chapter 13
- MCQs on Amines
- NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions for Chapter 13 – Amines
Chapter 14: Biomolecules
The organic compounds which are present as essential constituents in different cells of the living organism are called biomolecules. These include proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, enzymes and nucleic acids. The interaction of biomolecules constitute the molecular logic of life processes. Simple molecules such as mineral salts and vitamins play an important role in the function of organisms. The structure and functions of the biomolecules are covered in this chapter as per the latest CBSE guidelines.
Also access the following resources for Class 12 Chapter 14 Biomolecules at BYJU’S:
- Biomolecules Class 12 Notes Chapter 14
- MCQ On Biomolecules
- NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions for Chapter 14 – Biomolecules
Chapter 15: Polymers
This chapter includes the concepts like – monomer, polymer and polymerisation. Its classification is based on the source, structure and polymerisation. The types of polymerisation are – addition polymerisation and condensation polymerisation. The important concepts of this chapter are explained clearly in the NCERT textbook. Students who aspire to score good marks in the board exams are recommended to learn this chapter thoroughly and have a clear idea of these concepts.
Also access the following resources for Class 12 Chapter 15 Polymers at BYJU’S:
- NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions for Chapter 15 – Polymers
- Polymers Class 12 Notes Chapter 15
- Polymers MCQs
Chapter 16: Chemistry in Everyday Life
The sphere of human life is influenced by Chemistry. The principles of Chemistry have benefitted humans in a lots of ways. The concepts which are discussed under this chapter are – drugs and their classification, drug target interaction, therapeutic action of different classes of drugs, chemicals in food and cleansing agents. Chemistry is a tough subject and it requires lots of practise to remember the chemical reactions and formula. So making use of the NCERT Solutions at BYJU’S will provide you with a strong grip on the important topics.
Also access the following resources for Class 12 Chapter 16 Chemistry in Everyday Life at BYJU’S:
- Chemistry in Everyday Life Class 12 Notes Chapter 16
- MCQs on Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Chapter 16 – Chemistry in Everyday life
- NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Chemistry Solutions for Chapter 16 – Chemistry Solutions In Everyday Life
Each chapter from the NCERT Class 12 textbook contains a lot of concepts which might cause more stress in the students mind. So it is necessary to first know the tips and tricks to remember all the concepts efficiently. Students can download NCERT Class 12 Books here.
Merits of BYJU’S NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry
The Class 12 NCERT Solutions for Chemistry provided by BYJU’S feature:
- In-depth explanations for all logical reasoning questions.
- Step-by-step processes for solving numerical value questions.
- Concise and to-the-point answers to all theoretical questions.
- Verified answers from top-class subject experts.
- Free PDF download option.
Note: CBSE Class 12 Chemistry students can bookmark this page in their browser to easily access NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry in the future.
Think NCERT Solutions, Think BYJU’S
The BYJU’S NCERT Solutions are considered by many as the best solutions for CBSE students. The accuracy and reliability of the content provided here are unparalleled. Students will be able to complete the NCERT Class 12 Chemistry Syllabus and revise them accordingly to score good marks in the board exams. Some key attributes of the NCERT Solutions provided by us are listed below.
- The solutions are drafted by the top notch faculty
At BYJU’S, the top notch faculty design the solutions in order to help students perform well in the board exams. They make it easier for the students to understand the concepts and grasp them. The solutions are 100% accurate as they completely follow the CBSE syllabus and guidelines.
- Regular practise helps students answer difficult questions
The solutions at BYJU’S are student friendly because the faculty make use of simple language to help students understand the concepts. All the difficult questions are explained with many examples so that students do not get any further doubt in the concept. The solutions not only help students to gain marks but also will help them to face it in their higher education levels.
- Best study material for reference
Students who are not able to answer the questions from the NCERT textbook can refer to the NCERT Solutions available at BYJU’S. The solutions are prepared in order to assist students about the various types of questions that would appear in the board exam. It helps them to understand the method of approaching questions in the board exam.
After going through our Class 12 Chemistry NCERT Solutions, Also Explore:
Have any questions/issues regarding our NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry? Our support team is always available to resolve your queries. Register with BYJU’S and get in touch with them NOW!
|NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics||NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Maths|
|NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology||NCERT Solutions for Class 12 (All Subjects)|
Frequently Asked Questions on NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry
How many chapters are present in the NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry?
Is the NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry important for the students?
What are the advantages of using the BYJU’S NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry?
1. Logical reasoning questions are answered in an in-depth manner.
2. Numericals are solved step by step as per the mark’s weightage allotted in the CBSE syllabus.
3. Theoretical questions are provided with concise and upto the point answers.
4. Top-notch subject experts create the solutions as per the students requirements.
5. PDFs are available with a free download option.
Can I use the NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry while revising the concepts for the exam?