|CAPF 2022 Notification: Download PDF|
CAPF Notification 2021 PDF Download PDF HereThe Union Public Service Commission on July 14th has released the Admit Card for Central Armed Police Forces (ACs) Examination, 2021. Candidates appearing for the exam on August 8th, 2021 can download the UPSC CAPF Admit Card 2021 from the link provided here. The candidates are advised to download their admit cards and take a printout thereof. CAPF e-Admit Card must be preserved till the declaration of the final results of the CAPF AC 2021 Exam. The Union Public Service Commission has published the CAPF Exam Calendar 2021. Aspirants can check the detailed exam calendar PDF given below -
UPSC CAPF Exam Calendar 2021 PDF:- Download PDF HereUPSC CAPF 2020 - The Union Public Service Commission has released the DAF Form for UPSC CAPF 2020 examination, Candidates are required to fill the form from before 25th February 2021. To check the detailed notification and to fill the UPSC CAPF DAF 2020 Form visit the linked page. UPSC, as decided, has released the CAPF exam notification on August 18th 2020. Earlier the notification for CAPF 2020 was expected to release on April 22nd. Candidates can download the UPSC CAPF Notification PDF given below for detailed information. This article aims to provide detailed information on the UPSC Central Armed Police Force Examination. Table of Contents:
- CAPF Recruitment & Notification
- CAPF Admit Card
- CAPF Eligibility
- CAPF Syllabus and Exam pattern
- CAPF Preparation
- About CAPF Exam
UPSC Notification 2022CAPF stands for Central Armed Police Force. The conducting body of CAPF exam is Union Public Service Commission. The Central Armed Police Force is a unified name of the seven security forces in India authorized under the Ministry of Home Affairs. Therefore, the recruitment done in UPSC CAPF exam fills in various posts vacant in the seven security forces.
|Preparing for UPSC CAPF Exam? Want to ace the exam in the first attempt! Then complement your preparation with -|
The seven security forces under CAPF is as follows:
- CISF- Central Industrial Security Force is a premier multi-skilled security agency that provides security cover to nuclear installations, airports, seaports, space establishments, power plants, sensitive Government buildings and heritage monuments. Through UPSC CAPF exam, CISF will fill in 67 vacancies of CAPF Assistant Commandant Officer. For more details on the UPSC CISF Assistant Commandant exam check the linked articles.
- BSF: BSF full form is the Border Security Force. It is a paramilitary force that guards India's land border during peace-time and prevents transnational crime. Border Guarding Force of India is recruiting 35 Central Armed Police Force AC Group A officer through UPSC CAPF exam.
- CRPF: CRPF full form is Central Reserve Police Force. It was known as Crown Representative’s Police. It became CRPF after the enactment of the CRPF Act on 28 December 1949.CRPF is recruiting 36 Assistant Commandant Officer through UPSC CAPF exam.
- ITBP: Indo Tibetan Border Police Force personnel are deployed on border guarding duties. The number of vacancies is 20 to fill in Group A vacancies in ITBP through CAPF AC recruitment 2021.
- SSB: The full form of SSB is Sashastra Seema Bal. It is Indian Central Armed Police Forces that provide security in border areas, prevent trans-border crimes, unauthorized entry into the territory of India, and perform other duties assigned by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. SSB has invited online applications through UPSC CAPF exam notification 2021 to recruit 22 CAPF AC officers.
- NSG: National Security Guard is a Federal Contingency Deployment Force to deal with anti-terrorist activities in all its manifestations. NSG commandos are an elite force, specially trained and equipped to be used in exceptional circumstances such as any serious act of terrorism. Only 1 vacancy is released for recruitment in SSB through CAPF exam 2021.
- AR: The full form of AR is Assam Rifles. It is the oldest Central Paramilitary Force in India. The personnel in Assam rifles are recruited mainly to guard the plains of Assam region from the unruly tribes inhabiting in the surrounding hills.
|CAPF Assistant Commandants 2022 vacancies|
|Security Forces||Number of Vacancies|
|CRPF||to be notified|
|BSF||to be notified|
|CISF||to be notified|
|ITBP||to be notified|
|SSB||to be notified|
|Total||to be notified|
CAPF 2022 Exam DatesGiven below are the UPSC CAPF exam dates 2022:
|UPSC CAPF Exam Dates 2022|
|Official Notification||April 20th, 2022|
|Online Application||April 20th, 2022|
|Last Date of Online Application||May 10th, 2022|
|UPSC CAPF Written Exam Admit Card||July 2022|
|UPSC CAPF Written Exam||August 7th, 2022|
|UPSC CAPF Written Exam Result||October 2022|
|UPSC CAPF Written Exam Result (with name)||October 2022|
|DAF Opening date||October 2022|
|DAF Closing date||November 2022|
UPSC CAPF 2021 Exam DatesUPSC released the Official Notification of UPSC CAPF Exam for 2021 recruitment to conduct the CAPF AC exam from August 8th, 2021. The last date to fill the UPSC CAPF Application Form was May 5th, 2021. Applicants can check the UPSC CAPF exam dates 2021:
|UPSC CAPF Exam Dates 2021|
|Official Notification||April 15th, 2021|
|Online Application||April 15th, 2021|
|Last Date of Online Application||May 5th, 2021|
|UPSC CAPF Written Exam Admit Card||July 2021|
|UPSC CAPF Written Exam||August 8th, 2021|
|UPSC CAPF Written Exam Result||13th October 2021|
|UPSC CAPF Written Exam Result (with name)||18th October 2021|
|DAF Opening date||21st October 2021|
|DAF Closing date||3rd November 2021 till 6 PM|
UPSC Fee Structure- CAPF ExamCandidates who wish to apply for the UPSC CAPF AC exam can pay by both online and offline mode. The fee once paid is not refundable in any case, neither can be reserved for further examinations. CAPF Exam Fee structure is given below:
|SC/ST and Women of all category||Exempted from payment of fees|
UPSC CAPF Admit Card 2022
- Candidates are required to go to the official website of UPSC to download the CAPF Admit card. (https://upsconline.nic.in)
- In the login page, they have to select either of the modes: registration Id Or roll number mode.
|For Registration Id||For Roll Number|
|Registration Id Date of Birth Captcha Code Submit icon||Roll Number Date Of Birth Captcha Code Submit Icon|
UPSC Eligibility Criteria- CAPF AC Exam
|UPSC Eligibility criteria for CAPF Assistant Commandant Exam 2022|
|Nationality||Any Male or Female who is a citizen of India.|
|UPSC Age limit for CAPF AC exam||Minimum Age is 20 Years; Maximum Age is 25 years;|
|UPSC Age limit relaxation for CAPF AC exam||SC/ST: 5 years OBC(reservation applicable): 3 years Ex-servicemen/Civil Central Government Servants: 5 Years J&K Domiciled: 5 years|
|Educational Qualification||A Bachelor’s degree from any Government recognized University Or Deemed to be University|
CAPF Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- The written examination to be conducted by UPSC will comprise two Papers in both English and Hindi language.
- Paper-I in CAPF exam will have Multiple Choice Questions carrying 250 marks and Paper-II will be subjective type holding weightage of 200 marks.
- Post the qualification of paper-I and paper-II candidates will be called for Physical efficiency test.
- Candidates declared qualified in PET test will be called for final Interview round carrying 150 Marks.
- Given below is the time slot for CAPF Assistant Commandant exam 2020 for the reference of candidates:
- Paper-I - from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. noon
- Paper-II from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. evening
|UPSC CAPF Syllabus and exam pattern is as follows:|
|Paper-I (10am-12pm)||General Ability and Intelligence||Objective type; 250 marks|
|Paper-II (2 pm- 5 pm)||General Studies, Essay and Comprehension||Subjective type; 200 marks|
|Physical Efficiency Test||-||Candidates who qualify the above two|
|Personality test/Interview||-||150 marks|
CAPF Preparation and Strategy
- General Ability and Intelligence paper i.e. Paper-I comprise general mental ability, current events, general science, Indian economy and Polity, Indian History and Geography of India and World.
- For General Ability besides data interpretation candidates have to be thorough with quantitative aptitude, logical reasoning, and numerical ability.
- All the national and international events should be on the fingertips for the current events section.
- Being thorough with the legislative, executive, judiciary system and political system of India will help you clear the Indian polity and economy section easily.
- For Paper-II the essay writing is very important and carry more weightage. Candidates are suggested to increase their language proficiency for essay and comprehension section.
About CAPF Exam
- CRPF - CRPF full form is Central Reserve Police Force
- BSF- BSF stands for Border Security Force
- ITBP- is known as Indo-Tibetian Border Police Force
- SSB- full form of SSB is Sashastra Seema Bal
- CISF- full form of CISF is Central Industrial Security Forces
- NSG- NSG full form is National Security Guard
- AR- AR stands for Assam Rifles
|Government Exam Previous Year Question Paper [with Solutions PDF]||Government Exam Free Mock Test Series|
Frequently Asked Question - UPSC CAPF - Central Armed Police Force
Q.1. Who can apply for CAPF 2021?
Ans. Candidates possessing a Bachelor's Degree from a recognized university in any discipline can apply for UPSC CAPF 2021 exam. The detailed CAPF Eligibility related to Age limit, qualification, and other criteria can be found on the link given.
Q.2. What are the different forces under CAPF?
Ans. Seven Security Forces of India are covered under CAPF, namely, Border Security Force, Central Industrial Security Force, Assam Riffles, Central Reserve Police Force, Indo Tibetian Border Police, Sashastra Seema Bal, and National Security Guard. Know about them in detail.
Q.3. Which force is the best in CAPF?
Ans. Central Reserve Police Force - CISF is the best force among all under CAPF. Earlier it was known as Crown Representative’s Police. It became CRPF after the enactment of the CRPF Act on 28 December 1949. Know more about CRPF here.
Q.4.Is there a negative marking scheme in the UPSC CAPF examination?
Ans. Yes, Paper I of the CAPF written exam has a negative marking of 1/3 marks that means for each wrong answer, 33% of marks assigned to that will be deducted as a penalty.
Q.5. How many times does UPSC conduct the CAPF exam?
Ans. CAPF exam is conducted by UPSC once every year. The CAPF exam process takes more than one year to complete.
Q.6. What is the UPSC CAPF Exam Cycle?
Ans. The official Notification of CAPF is issued by the Union Public Service Commission UPSC in the month of April and the final CAPF result is declared in the next year September month.
Q.7. Is the Assistant Commandant recruited through CAPF examination a Gazetted Officer?
Ans. Yes, the candidate recruited as Assistant Commandant directly through the CAPF exam is a Gazetted Officer. The candidate will be the commanding officer of an armed force unit.